Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Teaching & Learning
Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich is an outstanding school in which students achieve excellent exam results across a wide range of subject areas.
- The academy will provide an educational community that is calm, welcoming and inclusive, and in which diversity is celebrated.
- Academy students and staff together strive for academic excellence through collaborative partnerships involving staff, students, parents, and a wide range of external experts.
- Everyone at the academy will be studious, articulate and resilient. As a team-player, they will be responsible for their own learning and for the learning of others.
- Learning in the academy will be high-quality, relevant and production-focused.
- Student leadership and robust student engagement with the academy will secure excellence for all.
- Creativity, innovation, problem-solving and risk-taking will be features in all aspects of the academy life.
- Active citizenship will be encouraged amongst all students and will develop in our community a strong understanding of, and striving for, social justice locally, nationally and internationally.
- Academy students will develop financial awareness, economic independence and the skills to be leaders, employees, employers and entrepreneurs in the workplace of the 21st century.
- The health and wellbeing of students’ own lives and that of their community will be promoted at the academy.
- The academy will promote access to a wide network of health communities who can support pathways to career choices.
The suite of policies below provide further details on how the academy support and progress the aims outlined above. The 'more able' guidance policy can be found on the Harris Federation website.