Our canteen offers brightly coloured seating areas with a choice of tables, chairs, stools and bar-top areas.
There’s a variety of tasty, healthy 'dish of the day' choices, on a three-week cycle, including meat and vegetarian main options such as:
- Three Cheese Tortellini with Tomato and Crème Fraiche
- Moroccan Tagine of Lamb with Cous Cous
- Crispy Battered Fillet of Fish with Home-Made Tartar Sauce and Chunky Chips
- Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice
- and Goats Cheese, Leek and Tomato Tart with New Potatoes.
Free school meals
There are many benefits to claiming free school meals. Firstly, your daughter will receive free meals that have a retail value of £462 per year. Secondly, there is a huge reduction on the price of some trips for students who are eligible for these meals. Thirdly, there are many things such as Maths and English tutors, other trips, study support, Chill Zone etc that the Academy is only able to provide for students because of the funding we receive which is linked to free school meals.
Therefore, the more students who claim these meals, the more funding is received. The way we use this funding is all published on our website, as it is for every school. Your daughter is eligible for free school meals if you or your partner gets:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
Applying for free school meals is extremely straightforward. We use the website www.myfreeschoolmeals.com. There is an APPLY button on this website. Once you have applied, your application will be checked and we will be notified in about 24 hours as to whether you have been approved for the benefit. We would strongly encourage you to do this if you are eligible.