Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Wellbeing at Home
On this page we have listed some resources to support children's mental health and wellbeing. We hope you find them helpful. You can also download this list as a pdf.
Click HERE to download the HGAED Wellbeing Guide, with advice and guidance for students during the coronavirus pandemic.
Support for pupils
- Children's Guide to Coronavirus - information from the Children's Commissioner
- Coronavirus: Resources to support mental health and well-being from 'Heads Together'
- Young Minds: Talking to children about Coronavirus
- #Covibook - Supporting and reassuring children around the world
- Place2Be - Coronavirus: Helpful information to answer questions from children
- Advice from the mental health charity MIND
- Mental health advice and support from the NHS
- E-learning to support healthy minds
- Guidance for supporting mental health from Public Health England
The Nest - FREE support for young people and families
The Nest in Southwark provides free mental health and wellbeing support for young people aged 13 – 25. It provides young people and families with the opportunities, experiences and tools to enable them to develop their emotional and social skills. Download The Nest's information sheet for parents and carers or visit The Nest website.
For adults - including parents/carers and staff
- need extra support getting food or medication
- are worried about your finances
- want advice on keeping healthy
- want advice on how to stay safe.
Free online courses
- COVID-19: Helping Young People Manage Low Mood and Depression (University of Reading)
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance (Monash University)
- Demystifying Mindfulness (University of Leiden)
- Online mindfulness resources and live sessions