Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education
At Harris Girls’ Academy East Dulwich we place high importance on supporting student welfare and their knowledge of the world around them.
Strategically we have planned a unique Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) curriculum to tackle these challenges which are underpinned by the following statements:
- We want to prepare our students for the outside world and want to ensure that they are adequately equipped for the challenges of contemporary society and the challenges that they may face as young people.
- We want our students to be dutiful citizens who contribute to their communities and help others as well as themselves.
- We want our students to know their rights so that they can protect themselves from harm and support their peers in doing so.
- Lots of our students will face challenges outside of the Academy where PSHE can directly impact their navigation of these instances.
- We want our students to know signals and signs that might mean they are vulnerable and what to do if they think that this is happening to them. This is part of our safeguarding responsibility too.
Download a Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) topic overview at the bottom of the page. PSHE is taught by coaches over two half an hour slots every week and through 'drop down' days and is an integral part of assemblies.