Download our FREE smartphone app today!
All girls are expected to wear the uniform detailed below. This uniform will be checked on a daily basis at the gate. Parents will be informed if the uniform code is breached and students are not permitted into lesson until they are correctly dressed in full academy uniform.
Students wearing outer coats, cardigans or hoodies not conforming to academy policy will be expected to remove these at the gate and leave them in a safe area until the end of the day, when they will be able to collect them for their home journey. This includes coats which are not black.
Our uniform supplier
Our blazer, jumper, and PE kit (academy tracksuit, shorts and t-shirt) are available only from Stevensons, a family run, specialist uniform and sportswear provider who currently work with over 550 schools across the UK. You can purchase these items:
- In-store at Stevensons, The Old Spread Eagle, High Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8DN (Mon-Sat 9am-5.30pm) - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online at www.stevensons.co.uk
- By phone on 01372 747474
Download the Stevenson's sizing guide. All non-branded items of the Academy uniform (such as blouses and skirts), can be purchased from any supplier.
- Black Kilt (should be knee length) or black pleated skirt (should be knee length)/trousers/or ankle length skirt for those wishing to fully cover their legs
- Black blazer with Academy logo
- White open neck Academy blouse
- Blue Academy jumper (students do not have to wear this but no other jumper/cardigan is permissible as an alternative at any time of year so purchase is strongly advised)
- Black shoes, which can be polished (no trainers or plimsolls/canvass shoes or boots/no Vans)
- Plain white or black socks (no cartoons/patterns)
- Plain tights – black or tan only
- Plain black outdoor coat (no logos, denim, leather jackets or hoodies)
- Headscarves worn for religious reasons should be plain black or white with no studs, sequins or other decoration
Some families may wish their daughters to wear amended uniform for reasons of religious conviction. In these cases, a student may wear a shalwar kameez with appropriate academy trousers and with the academy blazer also worn. Alternatively, a student may wear an abaya (hoodless only) which should be one piece and have the full academy uniform worn with it (academy trousers/skirt underneath and academy jumper and blazer also worn). Should these options be taken, they should be plain black. No other variations on academy uniform will be permitted.
- Academy tracksuit trousers available from Whitehall Clothiers
- Academy shorts available from Whitehall Clothiers
- Academy T Shirt – available from Whitehall Clothiers
- Plimsolls or trainers and white socks
All students should attend the Academy with the following equipment:
- Pencil case with pens, ruler, eraser, pencil sharpener
- Coloured pencils
- Scientific calculator
- Reading book (years 7-9 issued through library lessons)
- A black bag that is big enough to hold A4 books and folders
Jewellery, nails, lashes
Students are only permitted to wear small, simple, single stud earrings and a watch. Multiple earrings are not permitted and will be removed and confiscated for collection by parents. Piercings are not allowed.
No false nails or eyelashes should be worn in the academy. Nail colour should be neutral. Such items (false nails or eyelashes, bright nail colours) will be removed by staff.
We do not allow students to attend the Academy with hair that has been dyed with colours considered unnatural.
In order to prevent distractions and disruption, the Academy operates a “zero tolerance” policy for all electronic equipment e.g. I-Pods, MP3 players. These items should not be brought into the Academy at all, and, if seen, will be confiscated. Mobile phones are only for emergency use on the way to the Academy or on the way home, not for entertainment purposes. We allow students to have them only for this reason. They should be placed inside bags on entry to the Academy and remain there for the rest of the day. If they are seen out during the day, they will be confiscated. For security purposes, students are able to take their phone to reception first thing in the morning before lessons start and hand it in should they choose. It will be labeled and stored in a locked cabinet and available for collection at 3:10pm.
The above text is taken from our uniform policy, a copy of which can be downloaded from our Student Welfare page.