Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Academy Values and Principles
Our vision is develop students with character, commitment, courage and conscience, who become academically and personally successful and lead in their community and beyond.
Our values help us define our culture and how we do things.
- Fairness. Our moral purpose: We believe in giving our girls and our staff incredible opportunities so that they can grow and develop into great people. We make good humans with character and conscience.
- Relationships. We value relationships based on mutual respect and trust, building a strong team who are honest and open with one another. We have courage.
- Authenticity. We consciously aim to embed trust and honesty in our daily working practices.
- Generosity. We value a generosity of spirit and recognise this brings out the best in people. We offer our time and attention to others and appreciate one another’s efforts.
- Happiness. We believe that we are at our best when we have a rich life beyond our studies.
The academy will provide an educational community that is calm, welcoming and inclusive, and in which diversity is celebrated.
Academy students and staff together strive for academic excellence through collaborative partnerships involving staff, students, parents, and a wide range of external experts.
Everyone at the academy will be studious, articulate and resilient. As a team-player, they will be responsible for their own learning and for the learning of others.
Learning in the academy will be high-quality, relevant and production-focused.
Student leadership and robust student engagement with the academy will secure excellence for all.
Creativity, innovation, problem-solving and risk-taking will be features in all aspects of the academy life.
Active citizenship will be encouraged amongst all students and will develop in our community a strong understanding of, and striving for, social justice locally, nationally and internationally.
Academy students will develop financial awareness, economic independence and the skills to be leaders, employees, employers and entrepreneurs in the workplace of the 21st century.
The health and wellbeing of students’ own lives and that of their community will be promoted at the academy.
The academy will promote access to a wide network of health communities who can support pathways to career choices.