Download our FREE smartphone app today!
16-19 Tuition Fund
This information was updated in October 2020. The next review will be in October 2021.
- Number of students on roll: 71 students (Year 12) 56 students (Year 13)
- Number of students eligible to FSM: 39
- Number of students eligible to Bursary: 38
This academic year Government funding of £3,052 has been allocated to Harris Girls’ Academy East Dulwich to mitigate the disruption to learning for our sixth form students aged 16 – 19 as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
The funding is being used to support small group tuition in subjects such as English, Maths and other courses where learning has been disrupted. For example, it will help students on A Level and vocational courses where assessment may have been deferred because of extended school closure. Students from disadvantaged backgrounds and those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) who require additional tuition as a result of the Pandemic will be supported through this provision.
Tuition groups will consist of no more than five students and the tuition sessions will be scheduled in addition to the planned programme of study hours already timetabled for the academic year 2020/21. Tuition and additional support may be delivered online and/or on-site from our current staff body, external tutors and through additional external recruitment to ensure subject specialists are used where possible.
Tuition support offered will be based on individual needs using both formative and summative assessment methods. Examples of some of the tuition support on offer will include:
- GCSE exam re-sit preparation/tuition
- Functional skills assessment preparation/tuition
- Vocational deferred assessment preparation/tuition
- Knowledge catch-up sessions for both A Level and vocational courses
- Providing students with revision guides and other resources such as past exam papers