Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Support for Parents
We are committed to ensuring that your child is able to continue to learn and achieve over the next few weeks as schools are closed.
We appreciate that this will be a challenging time for yourselves and your children. We are expecting your daughter to take a strong level of responsibility for her learning and to attempt as much of the work set as she can, seeking out the advice and guidance of staff if she is unsure and requires assistance.
We understand that you are not teachers and we are not expecting that every task will be completed, nor that you have all the answers to your daughter’s queries about her various subjects. It’s important that you maintain a sane, safe and happy home.
There are various ways for you and your children to get in touch for advice and support if this is required. Whilst there may be a skeleton staff presence on site, the site will not generally be open for visits. You can contact the academy using the methods described below.
For general queries
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call reception 0207 732 2276 between 9am and 2pm. Someone will pass on your query to the relevant member of staff, who will endeavour to get in touch with you via phone. Email/telephone response time will be 24-48 hours.
For queries about academic matters, including queries about understanding the work set, your daughter should email her teachers directly or use the chat functions in Edmodo or MS Teams, following the etiquette for remote working. The email addresses of staff can be accessed when your daughter uses her school email address. Response time 24-48 hours.
For safeguarding or welfare matters
Email the relevant Head of House or our Education Welfare Officer Chris Lamb. Contact details are available on the academy website contact page. Response time 24-48 hours. If the matter requires urgent attention, you should contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead Aimee Robson on email@example.com
Please note that an emergency should always be reported to police and/or children’s social care as staff will not check emails constantly. All pupils can also seek support via the SHARP function on the academy website.
All pupils have access to an Edmodo group for their year group which is monitored and includes lots of materials to support physical and mental wellbeing, as we recognise many children are finding the current situation very worrying. Please encourage your daughter to access those materials, and to contact kooth.com if she has a concern about her wellbeing that she would like to speak to someone about.
We appreciate that during this time, many people will be experiencing difficulties for a variety of reasons such as loss of earnings. There are a number of food banks operating in the borough that can support families:
- Southwark Foodbank - (PECAN) 020 773 20007. Five centres operating in the borough with opening times and locations listed on its website.
- Oasis Foodbank - 0207 357 7331.Has one distribution centre in Southwark at St George The Martyr Church, Borough High St, London, SE1 1JA .
- Central Southwark Community Hub - 020 7703 1653, Four centres in the borough with locations and opening hours listed on its website. Clients need to be referred to Margaret Taribo (firstname.lastname@example.org) before a visit is made.
- Camberwell Community Fridge – 020 7737 6186. Albrighton Centre. Open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- The Borough Free Fridge – 020 7357 7331. St George The Martyr Church, Borough High Street, SE1 1JA. Open Tuesday afternoon, 2-5pm.
- Southwark Community Hub - 020 7525 5000 or email email@example.com for food parcels.
Staying safe online
You'll find useful information and support about keeping children safe online at:
- Internet matters - support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - support for parents and carers
- Net-aware - from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - advice from the National Crime Agency