Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Latest Updates From the Principal
This page has key information relating to Covid-19. Previous updates can be downloaded from our Letters & Emails page.
Covid-19 vaccinations - young people aged 12-15
We do not have a confirmed date for these vaccinnations yet. This process is run entirely by the NHS and any concerns or queries MUST be addressed to 0208 614 5306 or Hrch.email@example.com. The academy will not be dealing with queries regarding the vaccine.
You might also find these two NHS leaflets useful:
- Covid-19 Vaccinations - A Guide for Children and Young People
- What to Expect After Your Covid-19 Vaccination: Advice for Children and Young People
Flu vaccinations - consent form
The School Immunisation Team will be at school in November to offer free flu vaccinations for all students in Year 7 to 11. Please follow the link below to complete an online consent form (one for each child) to ensure your child receives their vaccination.
The vaccination is free and is a quick, simple and painless spray up the nose. Even if your child had the vaccine last year, the type of flu can vary each winter, so it is recommended to have it again this year or they won’t be protected.
Covid vaccinations - 16-18 year olds
People aged 18 and over (or will turn 18 within 3 months)
- Can book online or call 119 for an appointment at a vaccination centre or pharmacy
- Can find a walk-in clinic to get vaccinated without needing an appointment
- Can follow up with their GP surgery and book an appointment with them
Young people aged 16 and 17
The first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is now available to all 16 and 17 year olds nationwide. Second dosage timings remain under review and you will be updated in due course. Parental consent is not required provided that the young person has capacity.
In south east London, young people aged 16 and 17 years can get a vaccine in one of two ways:
- By attending a grab-a-jab walk-in clinic (no appointment required)
- Through a direct invitation to book from a healthcare provider
Click HERE to download a letter to parents from Southwark Council about Covid vaccinations for 16 and 17 year old.
Click HERE to download a letter to headteachers from Southwark Council about Covid vaccinations for 16 and 17 year old.
National Guidance on coronavirus
Symptoms of coronavirus
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.